Review Policy & Guidelines
Please note that I currently have a waiting list. To see an up-to-date status of the waiting list go here and consider a period of up to +/- 6 months (give or take) from when I accept to review you book until you can expect to see the review on-line.
I think that it’s important to broaden my reading horizons and read new material that might even be outside of my comfort-zone, so if you are an author or publisher and have either a free copy or an ARC of a book that you would like me to read and review here and on GoodReads then feel free to contact me and we’ll see what we can figure out (I read in my spare time and free of charge so I expect that if you have a title you want me to review for you, that you will provide it to me also free of charge). I accept novels, novellas and short stories, but not poetry.
I enjoy titles that are not too much mainstream, but it happens that I get curious about best sellers and/or what else might be hot among book readers around the globe and I just have to see what the fuss is all about. I also enjoy reading indie-books that have been self-published, and most importantly: I think that it’s important to support the indie writing community.
Guidelines before contacting me
Overall, I will be happy to read any kind of stand alone Speculative Fiction written for an adult audience, that primarily (and thus not exclusively) fall under the following genres and is published. I am not offering to beta-read unpublished works.
- (Post) Apocalyptic
- Urban Fantasy
What I will not read are books that fall (primarily) under these genres:
- Paranormal Romance
- Young Adult/Children’s
- Self-help books
- Religious fiction
- Religious books
- I will (generally) not accept to read any sequel in a series that I have not read before (regardless of genre), unless it has been written as a stand alone novel.
- Non-fiction. Generally speaking I will not accept non-fiction. Only exception to this rule is if it falls within one of my competences and/or interests. Feel free to ask if you have a title you would like me to review. I can quickly let you know if I’m able to review your book or not.
I will accept the following format: Epub – DRM-free (I will not be distributing it on my site, unless you specifically ask me to do so).
Information I require:
When you contact me it is important that you provide me with the below information so I can make an informed decision of whether I can accept to read your book or not (what I have highlighted in bold are required):
- Main genre
- Number of pages/word count
- A brief synopsis of your story
- Title and author name
- Some information about yourself and a link to your own website/blog if you would like me to link back to you on the page of the review.
- Book Cover (I like to use it on the review-page)
- ISBN number (if applicable)
- Publisher/Indie-press details, and
- Links to where your book can be purchased (Amazon, Play.com, CreateSpace, BookDepository, etc.) so I can provide links to them.
- If you have any kind of deadline (such as publication date, blog tour, etc.), let me know. I will be able to tell you if I can read & review your book within that time frame or not. Note that it can take up to six months from acceptance until a review is online.
If you have been able to comply with the above and I have reviewed the data you have sent me, I will contact you directly and let you know if I will read and review the book or not. If I say yes, then a review is guaranteed. I will do my best to let you know when I start reading it and I will try to give you an estimate for when my review will be on-line here and on GoodReads. You will be notified when the review is on-line.
When I have read your book I promise that I will review it with honesty and respect, even if it means that it might not agree with you: I will not sugar-coat my opinions. If I love it you will know, and if I hate it you will know.
I am looking forward to hear from you!