Azazel - Isaac Asimov Do you remember the old saying: be careful of what you wish for? Or some of the tales in the Qu'ran that mentions the Jinn/Genies; or even better, do you remember The Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and One Nights? If you do, then you grasp the concept of this collection of short stories by Isaac Asimov.

If you've read other works by Asimov, then you'll notice that the style of this short story collection is quite a bit different from what you may remember from, for instance, his "Foundation"-series. The stories here are short, light and easily read in one sitting. Some of the stories are more memorable than others, which one would expect from a collection of short stories. Some of the stories that I enjoyed the most were "The Dim Rumble" and "The Smile that Looses".

The humour in this book is throughout sarcastic, something that I personally enjoy a lot. The satire and underlying social commentary, that is thrown in for good measure here and there, is quite refreshing also. Not something that I would expect from a work of fantasy.

Like other reviewers have mentioned elsewhere, this book could have benefited from having fewer stories than the 18 it has, for they do tend to get a bit repetitive in the long run. After all, how much variation of the theme can there be? Get a 1" high demon to grant you a wish on someone else's behalf, in order to improve that persons life to the better, but instead the results turns out to be quite the opposite and disastrous. Because of this I would advice you not to read more than 1-2 stories in one sitting, and when you do pick the stories up, try to have some time go between them. For they are fun and enjoyable reads, you just don't want too much at once. Less is more, so to speak.