The Undutchables: An Observation of the Netherlands, Its Culture And Its Inhabitants - Colin White;Laurie Boucke The Undutchables: An Observation of the Netherlands, Its Culture And Its Inhabitants is a legendary book among expatiates living in the Netherlands. It is allegedly a "bible" of all things Dutch. Among many, this book is also considered to be unbelievingly funny, but of course humour is highly subjective.

I read it back in 2007, after living in Holland for about 2 years. I must say that it does capture many of the funny quirks that make the Dutch people Dutch, making them different from the rest of us. But honestly, as a Dane, much of what I read about the Dutch can also be said about the Danish people & culture, which is indeed very similar to the Dutch one, only very little sets us apart. The biggest difference is actually the language, and even that is similar.

This book is definitely an interesting, educative and at times also a funny read, especially if you read it after having lived here for a while and can relate its anecdotes and stories to your own field of reference and experience.