The Prospect of My Arrival - Dwight Okita The idea and premise behind this books is great and very well thought of:

If you, while still an embryo, had the chance to preview (your) life, would you then choose to be born or would you rather return to the gene-pool? This is a very daring and fascinating concept that Dwight Okita has dared to take on.

This story is excellent and the flow of the storyline progresses naturally from page one and onwards, which makes this book a fairly quick and easy read. I believe that this book was written with a younger audience in mind, especially for those who might be struggling with finding their own place in life. It would have been interesting to see how a more “grown up” version of this book would have turned out, for the subject this book touches on is pretty heavy.

I have to say this: the ending pages and paragraphs of this book were some of the most touching paragraphs that I have ever read in any work of fiction. I was almost moved to tears and that is something that does not happen very often and it made me wonder what I would chosen if I had been in Prospects shoes -- would I have had the emotional and intellectual maturity to make such a profound decision? I honestly don’t know, I don't even know if I would have been able to make such a decisions today.

So, why didn’t I give this book 5 stars instead of 4? Well, I have to be honest. There were some typographical errors here and there that were nagging me while reading. I know I might sound nitpicking, but for me those errors were hard for me to ignore and did influence my perception of this book and have to take them into account when reviewing it.