The Journey - John A. Heldt Imagine if you suddenly and unexpectedly where thrown into your own not so distant past, and got the chance to meet and interact with your younger self. Would you begin to influence and stir your younger self into a different direction in life, knowing that doing this will undoubtedly change not just your own future life, but also the life of the people near you?

Before I started reading this book I did not really know what to expect of it. I was afraid that this was going to be one of those self-published books with 1-dimensional characters, weak plots and a massive lack of editing. You know, I was expecting this to be one of those books that give indie- and self-published authors a bad reputation,

It didn't take many pages to see that this fear and expectation of mine was completely unfounded. This book is one of the best, if not the best, (self-)published books that I have ever read so far. I put the self-bit in brackets because the standard and level of this book is so high that it being self-published really really has nothing to do with it.

The writing is solid, the characters are solid, the massive amount of research of past historical events is solid. Everything this books is is solid! Nothing in this novel is remotely predictable, especially the ending. This is definitely a recommended read!